green with envy


Tuesday, January 8, 2013

the rest of the remodel...

Here's a shot of the center wall that runs from the kitchen into the family room... we have to keep it the same color in both rooms because we inadvertently pushed the door to our bedroom underneath the doorway from the kitchen to family room... there's nowhere to divide this wall.
One of the drawbacks of drawing up your own home plans, I guess, but we've learned to work with it over the years.

See?
In this shot you can see what I'm talking about... see how the door frame is just barely under the open doorway? *sigh* We didn't realize this until it was too late. Not that there was a lot we could have done about it anyway because there's no room to move the door back... ah well... this color is called Coffee With Cream. Quite appropriately named if you're like my hubby and drink what is more like "a little coffee with my creamer". ;)

And here he is, my sweet painting man. I wouldn't have such an awesomely colored home without him to run this huge roller for me.

Finally!!
Done with the center wall... now to get the real color pop going in here!! Woo!

Can't wait to see how it looks once all the rest is green!!

One wall down...two more & the family room is done::

Woo! I love it!
I really love it!!

This isn't exactly the shade of green I had hoped, but I do like it a lot...
Hang on & I'll show you what we did to the mantle...

Check it: we needed somewhere to put the boxes/electronics for the tv, so...
Pretty neat, huh? If you look at some of the earlier photos, you can see the way the mantle originally looked. I sanded it and hubby took a router to the edges of the brackets to give it a more polished look, then I painted and washed it with a dark brown, sort of like my end & coffee tables...

I really love the wall vinyls, too...

Here's the other end of the room after paint & replacing the furniture:


No comments:

Post a Comment